Pages

09 September 2013

Our New Favorite Dip

I actually have a lot of new favorite recipes right now. I'm loving cooking and I'm loving my crock pot. With the summer heat, a crock pot is my very best friend. But now it's cooling down so I get to make delicious soups again! Which are always some of my favorite dinners. Mark and I had amazing Cafe Rio pork salad this week. No, they didn't miraculously build a Cafe Rio here in Alby (cooooooooooome on Cafe Rio! C'mere!). We made it ourselves. Oh it was divine. Exactly what my preggo heart and stomach was longing for. Anyway, back to the dip. This is my go to dip now for game nights, baby showers, Thursdays; it's an every occasion dip.

Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
1 can Artichoke Hearts (14 Oz. Can), drained
1 can diced green chilis (4 oz), drained
Some jalapeno (I got the jarred kind and add about 5-8 slices, depending on how spicy I want it)
8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese (1 Pack)
1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (half incorporated, half sprinkled on top before baking)
3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preparation Instructions
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 to 8 times until mixture is combined but not totally liquefied. Stir and check seasonings, then pour into a small (I do a pie dish or an 8x8) casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips, wheat thins, crusty bread, whatever your heart desires. And share with friends. They will greatly appreciate.

I didn't take this picture...but it looks somewhat like the dip. I'm really bad at taking pictures of my food.

No comments: